Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Conscientious Worker

Many businesses are turning to personality tests to determine whether a potential employee is the right fit for a job. The 'Personal Profile System' also known as 'DISC' tests a person dimensions of behavior. This test divides people into four main categories, dominating, influential, conscientious, and steady.

My results determined that I am the conscientious worker. Meaning I am extremely detailed oriented, think analytically, am constantly checking for accuracy, use systematic approaches to problems, and many other things. Honestly, this test could not have been more accurate! This characteristics are true in almost all aspects of my life. The result describe how I think and act in most situations.

As a Finance major, I am quite happy with my results. The results of this test in many ways supports my decision to go into finance. Since many of the characteristics of a conscientious worker are important for a person responsible for hefty amounts of money it shows that I am studying the correct subject. However, I do feel I need to be more 'dominating' in my career if I am to be successful.

This test can be very effective in creating specialized teams. By being able to pair people together based on how the interact with one another can be very useful for human resources and in getting the most efficient team together.

1 comment:

  1. Being detail-oriented can definitely bring you above the competition in Finance. Often the best analysts spend the most time ensuring all information is 100% accurate. Personally I'm a DI so I'm more a quick results non-conscientious guy and am also majoring in Finance.

    ReplyDelete